Hoping that you may have forgotten by now about my hospital induced ramblings from September, I shall reveal another hospital based rambling which I have been saving for the right time. Or any time I can't come up with anything better to write about. It was really important to me at the time, so it has to be aired. I discovered,whilst I was squandering my days away in hospital, that the only things worth a light in life were Beauty and Art. I also realised that the variations in each of these muses were as important as the subject, so here's my take on two of the most debatable subjects in life -
1. Perfect beauty - technically and aesthetically perfect to the last detail.
2. Natural beauty - sunsets, mountains, seascapes, swans, dolphins, ad infinitum.
3. Fashioned beauty - usually man attempting (and sometimes succeeding) to replicate natural beauty!
4. Imagined beauty - generally that which is in the eye of the beholder. Just as important and real as perfect beauty to the beholder.
5. Perceived beauty - exactly the same as imagined beauty, but different.
6. Broken beauty - The attraction of physical or natural disfigurement, and the ability to see through the mist of prejudice.
7. Tragic beauty - Juliette, Ophelia, Desdemona, Maria Callas, the love of someone or something purely out of a need to nurture and protect.
8. Anti beauty - anything, movement, or doctrine which tries to remove 'normal' ideas of beauty from the equation. Constructivism, cubism, Shock Art, etc. still has a beauty of it's own.
That's the 'Beauty' bit over - now for the Art bit!
WHAT IS ART - to me?
Colours in harmony with each other
Shapes playing together
Words & language
Painting with words
Music which strives to please
Fashion other than fashion for fashion's sake
Love - of any description
A way of seeing Life
A way of living Life
See? It all comes back to the same thing? Clever huh? If you don't find something Beautiful - look again, you might be missing something.