Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Westburn Group

I was supposed to be going to Glasgow in September of this year, to teach a 2 day 'Adele' workshop to a group of beaders. I had to cancel because of this cancer thing, and cancelling workshops is not something beading tutors are happy about, so between the organiser Sheena and myself we came to an arrangement. I would send all the materials and instructions up there, and the more accomplished beaders in the group would help the less experienced to make 'Adele' - workshop by proxy!
Now, you have to remember I have never met any of these ladies, which is why, when I woke up in intensive care after my operation, the appearance of a 'get well' card signed by the whole group was all the more meaningful. The downside was that my reading glasses were locked away, and I couldn't see it properly for a week!
That, in itself, was an extremely thoughtful act by a group who didn't even know me - only exceeded by a parcel in the mail a couple of days ago. The group had made me an 'album' of photographs they had taken of the 'Adele' workshop in different stages - they also raffled the finished necklace made by Sheena in aid of their local hospice, and raised £250! 
I will be going up to Glasgow to repay the kindness as soon as I can - I really am looking forward to doing a workshop where I am actually there! Here are a few snippets from the album they made for me.........................thank you Ladies!





6 comments:

  1. Doesn't that just restore faith in humanity. You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful keepsake from a wonderful group! What fun it will be when you do make it up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the nicest story I read!!! A gorgeous group of beading ladies !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Peter.....hurry up and come to Glasgow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do! Beaders can be such amazing people!

    ReplyDelete