Thursday 24 February 2011

Loki

As most of you know, my cat Loki and I have been inextricably linked for the past 16 years. On Sunday he stopped eating, yesterday morning he stopped drinking, we had decided that when he died he would have us with him, and have as peaceful and natural a passing as we could give him. Nina and I took shifts to nurse him since Sunday, and the agreement was that the first sign that he was in any distress we would get him to the vet, but he slept, and slept, and changed positions a few times, and slept again. He passed over at 5.18pm this evening - with no fuss or drama, a natural dignified end for a King amongst cats. He will be buried in the garden next to his pond tomorrow morning, and a rosemary bush planted over him for remembrance. Blessed be Loki.




9 comments:

  1. A fine cat indeed.......enjoy your new life in the summerland dear Loki...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my best, Peter, and I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Peter. Your beloved friend will live on in your heart and memories. A Blessing that he was able to pass in slumber.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter - what a beautiful passing Loki had - so very full of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A serene way to leave this world for Loki, my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely way to go, but I am sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, he was really special, and will be missed. Freya has decided that life goes on though, so we're following her example! He had a very good life, was never bested in a catfight, and could hold his own when shouted at, so wherever he is now.............they'll know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how I love all the beautiful pictures of your friend...I'm sure he is still with you by your side...only true animal lovers know the sorrow of losing a beloved pet, they are our families and confidents...take care

    ReplyDelete