It took a while, but here she is. The story goes something like this; I wanted to make something reminiscent of the South American rainforest, and sketched some pretty good stuff. Then I tried to make it. She would have worked if I had gone down the bead embroidery route, but I needed the design to stand on it's own. I had a triangle above the bail which I spent over a week trying to get to stand up, I used thicker Fireline, I pulled the tension so tight that broken bits of beads shot out in all directions when it moved slightly, I added bits of peyote in front, I attached a bail to the back, it either flopped like a dead duck or protested by breaking bits.
It finally clicked, what I couldn't get with 'form' I could get with 'colour'. So it all got simplified and leafy. I like it in this incarnation. See what you think......................oh, and the clasp is the usual zipped loop & toggle, but leafy. This will be my last for a while, I have an shoulder to get fixed and a lot of workshops to write up.